Tue, 22 Nov|
Pullman on the Park Hotel, East Melbourn
Plastics and the Circular Economy 22nd and 23rd November 2022 in person 24th November evening virtual
The Annual Plastics and Waste Conference organised by the Australia-New Zealand Section of the Society of Plastics Engineers will be again an in-person event.
Time & Location
22 Nov 2022, 5:30 pm AEDT – 24 Nov 2022, 5:30 pm AEDT
Pullman on the Park Hotel, East Melbourn, Pullman on the Park Hotel, East Melbourne
About the event
The Annual Plastics and Waste Conference organised by the Australia-New Zealand Section of the Society of Plastics Engineers will be again an in-person event run with as title: “Plastics and the Circular Economy”. This event will be very different from the last in-person Annual Conference event in 2019. It will feature a large number of sessions with 3 or 4 short presentations followed by a Q&A session so there will be more interaction on the subjects presented. Apert from the in-person event there will also be a virtual evening with speakers from Europe on Thursday 24th November.
An outline of the program can be found below. We expect to be able to provide more details about the presentations and speakers in the next two weeks.
Tuesday, 22nd November 2022 9:00 am-5:30 pm AEDT in person event
Sessions day 1:
- Panel: Plastics trends and targets Australia
- Keynote: Ministerial address – The Hon. Mrs Tanya Plibersek, Federal Minister for the Environment - Invited
- Keynote & Panel: Plastic pollution treaties, programs and results
- Break 11:05 am to 11:30 am
- Keynote: Future directions for a more circular, low emissions industry
- Lunch 12:15 pm to 2:00 pm
- Panel: Will we make it in time? Plastic packaging by 2025
- Panel: Polymers’ progress to circularity
- Keynote: Record results recirculating plastics
- Summation and key highlights
- Cocktail reception from 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm. All attendees will be welcome.
Wednesday 23rd November 2022 9:00 am – 5:00 pm AEDT in-person event
Sessions day 2:
- Panel: Technical innovations open new frontiers
- Keynote: Future directions for more circular, low emissions industry
- Break 10:30 am to 10:55 am
- Keynote & Panel: Greenwashing sustainability. Labels and certification saviours?
- Lunch 12:10 pm to 1:30 pm
- Panel: Stewardship as EPR? New directions for Australia
- Panel: Straws and beyond. Next steps for Government policies
- Panel: 2020s – the decade for transformations
- Conclusions and where to from here?
- Priorities for Australia’s sustainable, circular plastics future.
Thursday 24th November 2022 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm AEDT virtual
Sessions – invited:
- Measurements – National Test Centre Circular Plastics - Martine Brandsma – The Netherlands-confirmed
- Industrial transformation by design – The Coca - Cola Company – Wouter Vermeulen – Belgium
- Ceflex update – Grahame Houlder – The Netherlands-confirmed
- Advanced Recycling-Plastic Energy - Carlos Monreal - Spain
- Global state of plastics production and pollution – Edie - Matt Mace – U.K.
- New materials for a circular economy – Materiom – Liz Corbin – UK
For further information contact Han Michel with mobile: 0416 168 255
Registration and refreshments